Welcome to the St. Joseph River Basin Commission
The St. Joseph River Basin Commission (SJRBC) is an Indiana state agency dedicated to improving water quality within the St. Joseph River Basin. The agency is composed of representatives from 7 counties in the Indiana portion of the basin: Dekalb, Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, St. Joseph, and Steuben counties.
Since 1988, the purpose of the Commission has been:
- Provide a forum for discussion, study, and evaluation of water resource issues of the common concern in the Basin
- Facilitate and foster cooperative planning and coordinated management of the Basin's water and related land resources
- Develop positions on major water resources issues and serve as the advocate of the Basin's interests
- Make recommendations on matters related to its functions and objectives, to political subdivisions in the Basin, and to other public and private agencies
- Develop plans to improve water quality in the Basin